SATIVA is recognised as a CERTIFICATION BODY to several schemes:
- Organic Farming (Reg. (CEE) no. 834/2007) (The identification number of SATIVA as a EU Certification Body for Organic Farming is PT/AB03)
- Integrated Crop Management (ICP)
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- BRC Food
- Good Agriculture Practices (GAP)
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Protected Designation of Origin (PDO)
- Protected Geographical Indication (PGI)
- Meat and poultry labelling schemes
- Egg labelling schemes
SATIVA is also working as an INSPECTION BODY for:
- Nature et Progrès – Sel (Traditional sea salt, clothes, candles, etc.)
Besides inspection and certification, SATIVA cooperate with TRAINING ACTIVITIES such as farmers training actions, agricultural technicians training actions and University Post-graduation and Master of Science programs.
SATIVA is a private company founded in 1994. At this moment SATIVA works with about 800 clients, among individual growers, processors and packagers, group organisations and retailers. The most important scheme for SATIVA is Organic Farming, not only because it represents the biggest number of clients (SATIVA certifies over 50% of the Portuguese organic growers), but also because of the exponential growth of organic sector.
As a Certification Body according to EN 45011 (ISO Guide 65), SATIVA has non-discriminatory and objective procedures and the company structure allows impartiality and confidentiality.
SATIVA has a Consulting Board of Certification where all the intervenient in the schemes’ product chains are represented; this advisory body discusses several certification matters.
Under these schemes SATIVA deals with a variety of crops, livestock and products such as fruits and vegetables, cereals, rice, olives, herbs, meat, poultry, eggs, honey, salt, animal feed, flowers, olive oil and wine.